Saturday, November 19, 2011

owie owls and friends

I hate to be one of those people that just follows the trends.  Or that professes to have loved something long before it got trendy, but in the case of owls, it's absolutely true!

Exhibit A:
My owl t-shirt that I've had for almost five years.  

Exhibit B:  (okay, more of an anecdote... but I wanted to keep the parallel structure.  I'm weird like that) When my husband and I were dating, about 4 1/2 years ago, we were walking through this park, and found a tiny little adorable owl.  I'd already liked owls before that (Harry Potter, duh!) but this little cutie sealed the deal.  In fact, we named him Seamus and decided he was our pet owl.  Sadly, we never actually saw him again, but we kept looking.  My husband even proposed to me at that same park, after supposedly going there to look for our dear Seamus.  

Anyway, on to the point of this post - the little "Owie Owls" I made.  They're hot/cold packs made out of super soft flannel to use on "owies."  I don't know about you, but in our house, when you need an ice pack, it invariably ends up being a bag of freezer burned peas.  This is a much better option!


Meet Seamus, my first Owie Owl.  I've got a few more I'm working on, in other colors/patterns - one is a super cute pink and turquoise argyle.  I'm in love with argyle.  But I haven't finished that one yet, so no pictures, sorry.

So in the interest of not appearing completely trendy, and for those who (sadly) may not like owls, I started on some other animals to be friends with my owie owls.  Meet  the Boo-boos:  Boo-boo Bears, Birdies, and Bunnies. (pictures of the bunnies coming soon)




Well, there you have it.  These little friends are a much better option than your frozen vegetables.  And if you don't need it for that, warm it up in the microwave for a warm little snuggle buddy.  That sounds really good to me today after the snow that fell all night long!




No comments:

Post a Comment