Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Thanksgiving Craft

I hope you're all getting excited for some deliciousness tomorrow!  I know I am.

So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have a fun little Thanksgiving/fall inspired craft.  They're Thanksgiving snowflakes!  Like the paper snowflakes you might make for winter or Christmas, but fall and Thanksgiving themed.


This fun leaf snowflake came from a book called Snowflakes for All Seasons, by Cindy Higham.  



But these other two came from me!  Which means you get a free printable pattern for them!  And step-by-step instructions to help you make them.

A quick tip:  I cut these ones out of construction paper because I wanted them to be on colored paper.  I don't really recommend construction paper because it's thick and harder to cut through all those layers.  But if you have patience and really good scissors (I have neither) construction paper will work.

Another tip:  Run your thumb nail over the crease after each fold to make it nice and tight.

For each snowflake you will need:
An 8.5" x 8.5" square paper
Scissors
The pattern

Step 1:
Fold your square in half into a triangle



Step 2:
Fold it in half again, into a smaller triangle

Step 3:
Fold it in thirds, so the two sides overlap

Step 4:
Cut off the little pieces that stick out over the bottom

Step 5:
Trace the pattern onto the triangle.  Now you're ready to cut!!


And here's your pattern!  Just click on the image below, then save/download it.  Then you can just print it and you're ready to go!

Happy Thanksgiving!





No comments:

Post a Comment